Boards and Commissions
The Board of Health meets the first Thursday of every month at 4:30 p.m. in the GAR Room of City Hall, 45 School St.
- Mary Brophy, M.D. - Chairperson
- George F Fiske III
- Craig S. Andrade, Dr. Ph
LEARN MORE | Board of Health
The Brockton Housing Authority manages 1,951 apartments in 16 public housing developments throughout Brockton as well as 1000 rent-assisted apartments/houses. The approximately 85 employees of the BHA serve about 7,000 residents, or about 7 percent of Brockton's population. The Authority develops affordable private homes for ownership and rental that enable families to move beyond public assistance and become self-sufficient.
Member-Board of Assessor
MA Certified Residential Real Estate Appraiser 797
Executive DirectorThomas G. Thibeault
Assistant Executive Director45 Goddard Road
Brockton, MA 02301
- BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
- Timothy J. Sullivan, Chairman
- Ernest Pettiford, Vice Chairman
- Carol RobertsAssistant Treasurer
- Janet R. Trask,Member
Dr. Patricia Jackson, Interim Executive Director
- BOARD MEMBERS
- Mr. Philip Griffin, Chairman
- Mr. Richard Johnson, Vice Chair
- Mrs. Suzanne Fernandes, Treasurer
- Ms. Tiffany Ellis-Niles, Board Member
- Ms. Kyrah Rodrigues, Board Member
50 School Street
Brockton, MA 02301
LEARN MORE | brocktonredevelopmentauthority.com
Please contact the City Clerk at (508) 580- 7114 for meeting times and locations.
- Daniel DePina
- Frank Gurley
- Anne McCormack
- Cindy Ethier-Kostka
- Adius Pierre
LEARN MORE | Cemetery Board of Trustees
CITY COUNCIL MAILING ADDRESS
Brockton City Council
c/o Brockton City Clerk’s Office
Brockton City Hall
45 School Street
Brockton, MA 02301
CITY COUNCIL PRESIDENT
Councilor-at-large Moises M. Rodrigues
- Winthrop Farwell Jr., Councilor-at-large
- Moises M. Rodrigues, Councilor-at-large
- Jean Bradley Derenoncourt, Councilor-at-large
- David C. Teixeira, Councilor-at-large
- Thomas J. Minichiello Jr., Ward 1
- Maria T. Tavares, Ward 2
- Philip E. Griffin, Ward 3
- Susan Nicastro, Ward 4
- Jeffrey A. Thompson, Ward 5
- John Lally, Ward 6
- Shirley Asack, Ward 7
Learn More | City Council
The Brockton Commission on Human Rights, Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion’s goals and functions are to ensure that all city residents are treated fairly and equally by eliminating bigotry, discrimination, intolerance, and prejudice including but not limited to prejudice and discrimination against all people because of their race, language, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, socio-economic class, religion, marital status, military status or age.
The commission shall assure that every individual shall have equal access to and benefit from all the public services, to protect every individual on the enjoyment and exercise of civil rights and to encourage and bring about mutual understanding and respect to all individuals of the city. The Commissioners appointed by the Mayor and confirmed by the City Council support a welcoming environment by encouraging cooperation, tolerance, and respect among and by all persons who engage in both municipal and private business with City Departments or agencies and private enterprises, by advancing, promoting and advocating for civil rights of all constituents through advocacy, awareness, education, and outreach.
Pastor James C. Wade
Have You Been Discriminated Against in housing, disability, sexual orientation, religion or employment? Contact the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination: https://www.mass.gov/file-a-
You may also file a Charge of Employment Discrimination with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC): https://www.eeoc.gov/
The Conservation Commission meets the third Wednesday of every month at 6 P.M. in the G.A.R. Room at City Hall, 45 School St.
Brockton City Hall
45 School Street
Brockton, MA 02301
LEARN MORE | Conservation Commission
The Council on Aging meets the first Monday of every month at 10 a.m. at the Mary Cruise Kennedy Senior Center, 10 Father Kenney Way.
- Jeanne Fuller-Jones, Chair
- David Andrews
- Carole Delorey
- Clayton Reichenberg
- Daniel Clague
- Irene Clague
- Robert Graham
- Henry Soones
- Mary James
- Dr. Larry Green
- Paul Beckner
LEARN MORE | COUNCIL ON AGING
The Historic Commission meets the second Tuesday of every month at 3 p.m. in the Planning Office, located on the third floor of City Hall, 45 School St.
PLEASE VISIT | Historical Commission
The Information Technology Board establishes policies and standards for the information technology employed by the city. The Board meets the second Thursday of the month at 1 p.m. in the G.A.R. room, located on the second floor of City Hall, 45 School Street.
THE BOARD IS COMPRISED OF NINE MEMBERS:
- Two appointed by the Mayor, for a period of time coterminous with that of the Mayor
- One by the President of the City Council, for a period of time coterminous with the of the Council President
- The Director of Information Technology for the City, who is a permanent member
- Two municipal employees, elected for terms of three years by the municipal department heads of the City of Brockton
- Two are employees of the School Department who are elected to terms of three years
- One from the School Committee
The manner of nominating and electing these members is determined by the municipal department heads and by the Superintendent of Schools.
IT BOARD MEMBERS:
- Edward Medeiros Jr., Chairman
- Neal Fama
- Aldo Petronio
- Joyce Asack
- Jean Bradley Derenoncourt
- Chris Hill
- John P. O'Donnell
- Emmanuel Evora
LEARN MORE |
The Library Board of Trustees meet the second Tuesday of every month at the Main Library, 304 Main St.
- Jocelyn Meek, Chair
- Margaret Mone
- Dr. Aminah Pilgrim
- Jorge Vega
- Dr. Joseph Policape
- Pastore Matthieu Delisme
- Lisa O'Donnell
- Phyllis Ellis
LEARN MORE | Library Board of Trustees
The License Commission meets on the third Thursday of the month at 6 p.m. in the G.A.R Room, located on the second floor of City Hall, 45 School St.
- Jeffrey Charnel, Chairman
- Christina Derome
- Paul F. Studenski
- Robert P. Simpson, Jr.
- Scott Uhlman
- John McGarry
- Scott D. Uhlman
LEARN MORE | License Commission
The Parking Authority meets the fourth Wednesday of every month at 6:30 p.m. in the first floor conference room of 60 School Street.
- Robert Pelaggi, Acting Chairman
- Kelly Mallory
- Ilias Potsis
- Manny Centeio
LEARN MORE | Parking Authority</strong
The Parks and Recreation Commission meets the second Thursday of every month, at 7 p.m. in the Parks Department Office, 45 Meadow Lane.
- Charles Studenski, Chairman
- Billy Anderson
- Ulisses Varela
- Kevin G. Borges
LEARN MORE | Parks and Recreation Commission
The Planning Board meets the first Tuesday of every month at 6 p.m. in the G.A.R Room, located on the second floor of City Hall, 45 School St.
- Toni Goncalves, Chairperson
- Clarence Hassan
- Jim Sweeney
- Iolando Spinola
LEARN MORE | Planning Board
The Traffic Commission meets the fourth Thursday of every month at 6 p.m. in the Arnone School Auditorium, 135 Belmont Street, Brockton, MA 02301
Michelle Yaffe, Secretary to the Traffic Commission/Parking Clerk
- Capt. Mark Porcaro, Brockton Police Department
- Deputy Chief Joseph DePasquale, Brockton Fire Department
- Commissioner Pat Hill, Brockton DPW
- Retired Chief Kenneth Galligan
- Director Steve Hooke
- Councilor John F. Lally
- Councilor-at-Large David C. Teixeira
- James Sweeney, Planning Board
LEARN MORE | Traffic Commission
- Ryan Burke
- Matthew Stanton
- Brian Madden
- Sarah Yunits
- Miles Jackson
The Brockton Women's Commission was established in 1993 with the purpose of providing information and education to city residents regarding issues which affect women.
Our vision is to act as a control focus in the city and community which will deal with women's issues providing information, referral, guidance and coordination to public agencies, private person, organizations and institutions engaged in activities and programs intended to deal with issue affecting women such as, but not limited to prejudice and discrimination against women such as, but not limited to prejudice and discrimination against women because of their status as women or as minority women, sexual and gender harassment, domestic violence, child care, medical care, equality of pay, pre-natal care, rape and teenage pregnancy.
To take such action as the Commission considers appropriate to ensure the equal status of women.
The powers and duties of the Commission shall include the following:
- To help ensure equal status of women in educational, economic, political, health, legal and social spheres
- To help design programs that promote equality for all women in the City
- To help develop recommendations and recommend policy to all departments, divisions and agencies of the City, including the Mayor and the City Council
- To assist in the coordination of activities of all departments and divisions of City government on issues affecting women
- To recommend the enactment of legislation which promotes equal status of women on the City, State and Federal levels, and to assure that appropriate regulations are adopted and enforced pursuant to such legislation.
The Brockton Women's Commission meets on the 3rd Wednesday of the month in the GAR Room at City Hall.
Janice Johnson-Plumer, Chair
Karlene Derozier-Brizard, Vice Chair
Martha Testa, Secretary
Rita Spinola, Commissioner
Sonia Dixon, Commissioner
Ruth Moore, Commissioner
Oluwatoyin Adewumi, Commissioner
Beverly Post, Commissioner
The Zoning Board of Appeals second Tuesday of every month at 6 p.m. and will be held in Council Chambers, located on the second floor of City Hall, 45 School St.
- Kenneth Galligan, Chairman
- Brian Nardelli, Fire Chief
- Steve Lainas
- James Plouffe, Clerk
- James Sweeney- Planning Board Representative
- Monique Screen-Berry
- Jamie Hodges
LEARN MORE | Zoning Board of Appeals