How to Pay for Parking
John Adams Parking Garage
42 Crescent Street
- The Adams Parking Garage is open Monday – Friday 6:00 AM – 9:00 PM at the rate of $2 per hour. (Rates are subject to change).
- The monthly rate for the Adams Garage is $45. Monthly passes for lots and the Adams Parking Garage may be purchased at our office at 60 School Street, 2nd floor or at the Adams Parking Garage, 42 Crescent Street.
- There is a $5 fee for any lost garage pass.
Public parking regulations are enforced Monday-Friday from 8:00 am -5:30 pm.
Mayor Bill Carpenter Garage
31 Petronelli Way
- The Mayor Bill Carpenter Garage office is open Monday – Friday 6:00 AM – 8:00 PM at the rate of $2 per hour up to a maximum of $10.00 per day. (Rates are subject to change). Daily parkers will pay for parking by entering their license plate number at any of the kiosks located on each floor when they are ready to leave the garage. The kiosks accept MasterCard, Visa, and Discover cards, or exact change in bills.
- The facility is gateless, and access is controlled by license plate recognition technology, similar to the boothless tolls you now find on highways. Monthly contract parkers can access the garage by having their license plate on file with the Parking Authority prior to using the facility.
- The monthly rate for the Mayor Bill Carpenter Garage is $45. Monthly passes for lots and the Adams Parking Garage may be purchased at our office by registering your license plate with us at 60 School Street, 2nd floor or508-580-7840.
City Parking Lots
- Payment is required at all metered spots and in Lot B, located on Lincoln Street, next door to City Hall, at the rate of $1 per hour. All other City lots are permit parking only, with the exception of Lots A2, A3, A4 and A7 which have some individually metered spaces.
- Lot A5 located on Warren Ave., across from the Superior Court House has daily parking available for $5 per day.
- The monthly rate for a lot permit is $35. The permit is not transferable and only valid for the specific lot associated with the permit. Permits may not be altered.
- All lots are monitored by enforcement personnel.
- There is a minimum transaction amount when using a credit card
- IPS Meters accept MasterCard and Visa credit/debit cards, US nickels, dimes, quarters and dollar coins. When paying by credit card, place credit card into the slot. The meter will then allow you to enter your time by pushing the + or – buttons on the meter. Select desired time and then hit the green "OK" button to confirm the time and start the meter. When paying by cash, place the change into the corresponding slot. The meter will start adding time to the meter according to the amount of coins entered. There is a minimum transaction amount when using a credit card.
Both metered and time-limited spaces are monitored by enforcement personnel
Pay Stations in Parking Lot:
IPS Pay Stations are located in the Lincoln Street lot. The pay stations accept MasterCard and Visa credit/debit cards, US nickels, dimes, quarters, dollar coins and $1, $5 & $10 bills. If using cash, you must use exact amounts because the machines DO NOT give change. Press any button on the pay station to begin your transaction. There is a minimum transaction amount when using a credit card. City lots are monitored by enforcement personnel.
Pay using a Smartphone:
The Brockton Parking Authority offers "pay by smartphone" through the company Passport with the Passport Parking app in our parking lots and on street meters! No more digging for coins. No more waiting in lines at pay stations. With the Passport Parking app, you can pay for parking throughout the City of Brockton from the convenience of your smartphone. The Passport Parking app is free to download through the App Store or Google Play.
No More Parking Tickets
Get alerts when your parking session is about to end.
No Need to Rush – Extend Your Parking Session Remotely
Add time to your parking session directly from your phone or make online payments for monthly passes and permits.
Paying For a Parking Ticket
You can pay for a parking ticket using any of the following methods:
- Pay online at kelleyryan.com
- Mail a check made payable to the "City of Brockton" to:
City of Brockton
PO Box 203
Milford, MA 01757
Please include the ticket number on your check.
- Pay in person Monday-Friday 8:30-4:30:
Brockton City Hall
45 School Street, Room B4
Brockton, MA 02301
Appeal of Parking Ticket:
The Citation may be appealed by the vehicle's registered owner in writing with supporting documentation within 21 days of issuance. The appeal should be mailed to:
Traffic Commission/Parking Clerk
Brockton Police Department
7 Commercial Street
Brockton, MA 02302