PROPERTY TAX WORK-OFF PROGRAM
- To assist veterans of Brockton with payment of residential property tax bills and to increase their involvement in municipal government.
- To acknowledge and affirm the skills and abilities of Brockton veterans and the community’s continuing need for their skills, expertise and services.
- Be a veteran, as defined by Massachusetts General Law.
- Own and occupy a home in the City of Brockton as their principal residence or be the legal current spouse of such a homeowner.
- Be current with property tax payments.
- Possess the appropriate skills necessary and required for the position.
- Complete a CORI check.
Single household: $45,000.00 yearly
Married household: $55,000.00 yearly
Program shall include no more than thirty (30) individuals who participate in the program on an annual basis. Positions will be offered on the basis of availability, location and physical limitation (if any).
Note: Requests for certain positions by veterans will be considered, however applicants must be willing to accept a position when offered. Applicants have the right to refuse placement, Applicants may have the option to defer placement in a position, however, there is no guarantee other positions will become available.