Ensuring the health and safety of our employees and customers is our number one priority. We do not anticipate any service disruption to our customers at this time.
We have implemented additional measures that will allow us to safely continue providing essential services to you.
In keeping with public health official guidelines, we are taking pre-cautionary measures to limit your exposure and that of our employees.
- Before entering your home, we will ask a series of questions about recent travel, exposure to anyone who has traveled, or exposure to the virus for anyone in your home.
- If you are quarantined or sick and you call us for a service order or to report a water leak, sewer backup or other emergency, we ask that you advise us about the conditions ahead of time. The City of Brockton will work together with you to determine best course of action regarding your service.
- Our employees have been instructed to take precautionary measures to mitigate their and your exposure to limit the risk of infection. Some of those precautions include:
- Frequent handwashing and use of sanitizer
- Avoiding touching mouth, nose and eyes
- Keeping a safe distance from anyone self-quarantined or sick
- Staying home if they are sick